Do you hear what your body tells you and are you able to act on it?
• In this session we will look at what our bodies tell us and how to hear it
• We will discuss checking yourself out to answer that question –“Am I good enough to work today?”
• What do we do when we know what our body is saying but there is just not space and time to act on what we are hearing
• Life throws ‘stuff’ at us too – how do we ground ourselves when our world is wobbling
• You will have time and space to practice, ask questions and make comments both as we go along and at the end.
Jacqui’s first career was in hotel management and then teaching catering – during that time she found that students often were not reaching their potential due to factors outside college. She then trained and made the transition to counsellor in 1993 working with people in college who had issues that were getting in the way of their studying, followed by training as a supervisor. She set up the college counselling service for students and staff and worked on a wide range of counselling courses too.
Many people could not attend between the hours of nine to five so the natural progression was to offering online counselling. She trained in online work, thus encompassing email work into what was then offered. Alongside the college role she ran a small private practice both counselling and supervising.
On leaving college in 2008 Jacqui expanded the private work and now runs her practice from both UK and Portugal using email, telephone, instant messaging and video connections for both counselling and supervising.
Jacqui was a founder member of ACTO – and as the Coordinator for OCTIA runs an annual conference which is web streamed as well as presented to delegates in the room.